[SLUG] (still) Setting up Epson Stylus C48

Martin Webb martin at webb.lcbroadband.co.uk
Tue Sep 5 16:03:38 BST 2006

john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:
>>> Where are you at?
>>>
>>> Are we still at step five of the how to?
>> I haven't read any of the tutorials, but what are you using to add the
>> printer - through the "gnome" or "kde" control panel equivalent, or
>> through the CUPS interface at http://127.0.0.1:631/, or through
>> editing
>> config files?
>
> Certainly not editing config files, jeez, calm down :-). I'm trying to
> lead her through the Linux printing how-to, which takes you to the
> CUPS interface at that address.
>
> However, that how-to also suggests alternatively using the KDE printer
> manager add-printer dialogue

Looking in the KDE Printer Manager Add-Printer Dialogue, I see various
C40 printers.  Some of them are SX and some are UX.  As far as I
remember, the UX jobs are USB printers, so I imagine the SX printers are
not USB (i.e. parallel) printers.  The C48 you have is a USB printer,
yes?  What about trying the C44UX driver?

Martin