[SLUG] (still) Setting up Epson Stylus C48

Martin Webb martin at webb.lcbroadband.co.uk
Tue Sep 5 15:33:44 BST 2006

Lucy  Cook wrote:
> I'm totally confused (again). Right, so on www.linuxprinting.org/ it tells me that

> the Epson Stylus C48 works perfectly, yet it isn't on any of the lists to choose

> from when I'm setting it up? I've printed some test pages out by choosing the

> Epson Stylus C50

Hello, Lucy,
The Epson C48 is a member of the Epson C40 series of printers.  In
general, Epson manufactures printers in families - the C60s, the C80s
etc.  Again, in general, the drivers are similar for all members of the
series.  For example, I run an  Epson C66 using a C64 driver.

I've hesitated to join this thread because I use Fedora and not Suse,
but, somewhere in the Suse works, there should be a driver for one of
the C40 printers??  If not, use Fedora: it's a  breeze.

Good luck!  We're all in there rooting for you.
Martin