[SLUG] (still) Setting up Epson Stylus C48

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Tue Sep 5 16:23:18 BST 2006

> On Tue, September 5, 2006 14:05, Lucy  Cook wrote:
>> I'm totally confused (again).

> Hi Lucy,
>
> Could I make the suggestion that you use the software manager within
> YAST
> to check that you have the CUPS and gimp-print packages installed (or
> Gutenprint as it is now called). It is gimp-print that gives you the
> drivers for an Epson C48. I suspect that CUPS may already be installed
> but gimp-print may not.
>
> After installing these packages

Hi Paul

Umm, this is a brand new end-user we are dealing with here. I don't
think I know how to install gimp-print packages. Good sequence tho. If
this is required, then I think I will have to go round and attempt it.

Nice to hear from you tho .. how's your and Al's spinoff LUG going? Is
it better than SLUG yet?