[SLUG] DS

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Wed Sep 13 16:21:15 BST 2006

The vibrant exciting and yummy new innovative leading- and
cutting-edge, DS website's up <http://www.digitalscarborough.org/>.

"Windows Vista can help your organisation to use information
technology to gain a competitive advantage in today’s new world of
work."

Pretty good, as it's not out yet. Apparently it'll make computing more
beautiful.

Cynicism aside, I'm thinking that our best course of action would be
to delegate one of us to get much more involved in DS next year so our
point of view IS properly represented. My feeling is it was designed
out at an early stage this year, not intentionally, but just because
the muttlymedia  people are rising stars at the moment and it's part
of their culture to present themselves well. And you can't expect them
to know much about Linux or Open Source. So if we are serious about
spreading the word (that's a big 'if') we should be part of the DS
2007 design process so we can add our own things to the party. Hands
up if you want to be that person.