[SLUG] cron

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Mon Sep 18 15:50:56 BST 2006

Hi

I've set up my first cron job on a remote web server. I wanted it to
run a php web page. I hadn't thought that, obviously that's not going
to happen (my php page would need to be interpreted by a web server
before it comes alive). So does anyone know what my next step should
be? I'm guessing I need to point cron at something that will run from
the command line, and I've a vague notion that PHP can be run that
way. I haven't googled for it yet, I just thought if anyone knows what
they are doing they might point me in the right direction. I need to
access my mySQL database, so I'm most comfortable in php if I can stay
there.