[SLUG] Scarborough Digital and Swallow Hotels.

Bob Garrood bgarrood at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Sep 20 11:24:35 BST 2006

On Tuesday 19 September 2006, I wrote:
> > Swallow Hotels, who own the St Nicholas where the Digital Marketplace
> > is(was) to take place, and who are quoted as sponsors of the event, have
> > just gone bust.

Steve O replied
> As things stand they're in administration and they don't intend on
> stopping the day-to-day running of the business so I don't think this
> will affect DS.

I know, but I see this more as an omen.  The events at the St Nicholas are
mostly devoted to promoting Microsoft.  I think outbreaks of public enthusiasm
for Vista will be very orderly.  If you want evidence, look at the comments
in the Times on:

http://timesonline.typepad.com/technology/2006/08/get_your_cutpri.html

You expect this sort of thing in LInux Journal, but the Times?.  So I don't
see much point in responding to John's suggestion and putting my hand up to
go and preach to the muttlymediums.  I don't know enough anyway.

I may go to the "Vista in the home" session on the Saturday.  I ordering a new
Tux t-shirt from slackwarewear for the occasion.

Incidentally I use the St Nicholas health club for a swim most days.  Its
regulars call it 'Masochists' owing to the freezing showers.  The hotel is
definitely getting scruffy.

Bob