[SLUG] Debian help please

Stephen O'Neill soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 18 08:05:34 BST 2007

Pete Redwood wrote:
> Happy with KDE. I actually prefer it to Gnome.

A few years ago when I was deciding which desktop to plump for I chose
Gnome over KDE but purely on aesthetics - KDE apps seemed to be better
integrated (e.g. the clipboard worked better between apps if I recall
correctly?).

Anyway, in your experience, is that still true today?

In about 6 months I think I'm going to install Ubuntu. They also favour
Gnome, but I am tempted to try something much more lightweight as I
don't know what benefit I get of a slower desktop manager like Gnome
over say Fluxbox? Does anybody know?

Steve O