[SLUG] Digital camera driver software?

Richard Lung voting at ukscientists.com
Wed Apr 18 21:54:18 BST 2007

Dear SLUG members,
Have just bought a digital camera,
a Canon PowerShot A460 and couldnt find any Linux driver software for it to
download to my PC with Mandrake 10 operating system.
I wondered if I shall have to go to the shop with the memory card to download
pictures or possibly the public library might allow you to plug in your
camera to one of their PCs with a USB cable. (Presumably I'd have to insert
the Windows CD driver software first as well.)
Or do you know of any Linux compatible alternative?

Thank you,
Richard Lung.