[SLUG] Scanner setup

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Fri Apr 20 21:20:13 BST 2007

Hi ppl

My UMAX scanner stopped working (as did my sound, at a different time,
another story), so I consulted with the Sane people and didn't really
get anywhere and started to think it was actually hardware. So I
bought an Epson V350 photo, which is all very nice.

Except I've plugged it in and nothing's happened.

Now, I seem to remember when I plugged in the Umax, originally, it got
sensed and it worked.

So now I can't buy anything to fix my problem, I have to actually get
up to my eyeballs in swarf and fix the problem.

Where shall I start .. anyone?