[SLUG] Digital camera driver software?

Richard Lung voting at ukscientists.com
Sun Apr 22 22:20:08 BST 2007

On Wednesday 18 Apr 2007 22:16, Martin Webb wrote:
> Richard Lung wrote:
> > Dear SLUG members,
> > Have just bought a digital camera,
> > a Canon PowerShot A460 and couldnt find any Linux driver software for it
> > to download to my PC with Mandrake 10 operating system.
SNIP
 do you know of any Linux compatible alternative?

> > Thank you,
> > Richard Lung.
>
> "Mandrake 10 (Official) comes with kernel 2.6.3-7"
> Should be OK then.
> Martin

Thankyou for SLUG members' advice.
I tried Jessops only card reader, which Canon uses, but the OS wouldnt
configure it, tho at first it recognised its presence, when booting up.
I went into configurate hardware but the card reader wasnt recognised.

The camera box flaps warns you not to usb cable the camera to the computer
without first putting in the Windows/ Mac CD. And I cannot risk a crash just
to try to get some photos on screen!

Thankyou again to all,
Richard Lung.