[SLUG] Digital camera driver software?

Jam Adams jamie at ino.org.uk
Sun Apr 22 22:52:28 BST 2007

On 22/04/07, Richard Lung <voting at ukscientists.com> wrote:

> > "Mandrake 10 (Official) comes with kernel 2.6.3-7"
> > Should be OK then.
> > Martin
>
> Thankyou for SLUG members' advice.
> I tried Jessops only card reader, which Canon uses, but the OS wouldnt
> configure it, tho at first it recognised its presence, when booting up.
> I went into configurate hardware but the card reader wasnt recognised.

You really should not have to configure anything for this device. It should
be recognised, mounted and be displayed on your desktop with no real user
intervention.

The camera box flaps warns you not to usb cable the camera to the computer
> without first putting in the Windows/ Mac CD. And I cannot risk a crash
> just
> to try to get some photos on screen!

I wouldn't worry about this. It won't crash the computer.

Mandrake 10 is an old operating system and this may be the source of your
problems. I would seriously consider upgrading to a newer release.

Regards,

--
Jamie Adams
http://www.ino.org.uk