[SLUG] Wake on Lan

Mike Bennett mikeyben at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 12:07:33 GMT 2007

On 2/26/07, Stephen O'Neill <soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Mike Bennett wrote:
> > Some routers will allow you to pass a MAC address
>
> I was disappointed that it turned out my router supported neither MAC or
> broadcast.

That is a bit of a bummer, but this is where my idea of having a
designated "always-on" machine inside the LAN that can do the same
job, and then just writing server/client applications to do the
receiving-external-command-and-passing-to-local-machine bit.

However, if the point of using WoL is to save power by not having a
machine on 24/7 then this idea is kind of void.