Tuesday's [SLUG] Meeting again

DAVID KNIGHT davidknight24 at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 5 10:16:23 BST 2007

Apologies for previous empty post. I am easily distracted :)

  Tuesdays meeting had one attendee, me. Not wanting to appear peculiar, I decided not to talk to myself and instead enjoyed a nice dark ale (not sure of the name but it comes from Malton) and some light reading, which was nice.

  An update for anyone interested, Compriz/Beryl is now called Compriz Fusion, view the latest video here:
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Fbk52Mk1w
  Beats the pants of Vista if you ask me. It will even work smoothly with my aged Radeon 7500LE AGP card.

  On the subject of 'build your own distro' I would appreciate it if anyone can advise me on the locations of the Gnome configuration files and any advice on how to configure them (if anyone knows a good Howto website please let me know).

Bob Garrood <bgarrood at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
  Hi

The next Scarborough LUG meeting is on Tuesday. No Smoking! I can't come as
I have to go to a birthday party in Kent. David Knight has promised to lead
discussions on 'Open Compositing for the Partially Sighted', and "Creating a
live CD distro". It would be great if people could say in advance if they
intend to be present, and if someone could report back on attendance.

Bob