[SLUG] BBC iPlayer petition

Fintan Gaughan fgaughan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 11:49:56 BST 2007

And welcome to our Deaf world where you  get  limited access.
all VOD don't contain subtitles.

There are 9 Million of Deaf and Hard of Hearing  to reply on subtitles!

Although Iplayer will contain subtitles for the Deaf but don't say when!

Fintan

--

My Blog http://www.finllfixit.co.uk/

Hi all,
  The BBC iPlayer - which provides access to BBC programming for up to
30 days after it's aired - will be released as a Windows only
application, including DRM facilities to restrict users rights, for at
least the first 2 years of the service.

The Open Source Consortium is running a campaign against the release
of the Windows only iPlayer product - including a formal complaint to
the EU on the issue.

To show your support for this issue, please take a moment to sign this petition:
  http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/iplayer/

and show your support to the OSC by posting us a message (via the
Contact Us area of the website), or joining the OSC:
  http://www.opensourceconsortium.org/

Please feel free to forward this message to any groups or mailing
lists that may be interested in our campaign.

Thanks!

Darren Austin,
Executive Councillor, Open Source Consortium, and
Lugmaster, Coventry Linux User Group.