[SLUG] Writing to /var/www/html

Ross Kendall ross at rosskendall.com
Sat Jun 2 22:38:20 BST 2007

John Allsopp wrote:
>> P.S.  Hi everyone else! - I'm new to this list (and also to Scarborough)
>
> Hi Ross
>
> Cool. Two new members recently.
>
> So how come you're in Scarborough and you obviously know Linux pretty
> well.

Hi John,

I moved up to Scarborough last November from Cambridge with my wife Amy
- who grew up here.  I had been meaning to join the SLUG before now, but
we just had a little boy so had been too busy.

My experience with Linux (and Unix) goes back to 1996, and I have tried
out most of the older distros.  At the moment I am using OpenSuse on my
laptop, but I usually work with Red Hat (or CentOS) on servers (I'm
working as a freelance web developer).

Cheers,
Ross.