[SLUG] Writing to /var/www/html

Stephen O'Neill soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jun 3 00:28:01 BST 2007

Ross Kendall wrote:
> It is also possible to change the umask for Apache so that files are
> written with group write permission by default (664), but I can't
> remember how to do it off the top of my head.

This is the bit that would be useful to me. All the other stuff you
mentioned is obviously correct but as a dev machine I am happy to ignore
that in exchange for convenience.

Ideally I'd like to know if I can write files as a normal user to
/var/www/html/ and perhaps leave me as the owner but make www-data as
the group owner...

Hmm. Fun.

Welcome by the way!

Steve O