[SLUG] Ubuntu

Stephen O'Neill soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 31 08:59:01 BST 2007

Rob Hall wrote:
> It blows the nasty, nasty Vista out of the water!

Echoed here. The machine I got had Vista pre-installed. There were a
couple of things I liked in Vista such as being able to click on
individual folders in the address bar only to find that such features
were present in Ubuntu's Gnome.

They may have been in the FC5 Gnome but I don't have time to dig around
configuring things - I just want things to work, and work well, out of
the box. This Ubuntu has achieved for me.

John has probably stopped listening to me now though as I never had
problems as such with Fedora (until my scanner stopped working
mysteriously) so I had recommended it to him and all he's done is lose
hair and sleep ever since.

Steve O