[SLUG] Ubuntu

John Allsopp john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Thu May 31 10:02:09 BST 2007

John Allsopp wrote:
> Stephen O'Neill wrote:
>> "Ubuntu - Linux for Humans."
>
>> When I go onto the Ubuntu site it wants me to choose between "Server"
>> and "Desktop" editions. I'm thinking I'd need "Server" because of the
>> apps, but then that distro is much smaller than "Desktop". Great.
>
>> So great, and now I'm thinking I can't be bothered and maybe I should
>> be going for a different distro or just sticking with what I know.
>>
>> Steve O
>
> I'm thinking, do the desktop one and then add the server stuff after,
> the desktop being probably more complex to add to the server vsn. But
> what do I know?

Oooh, look. I moved to Thunderbird recently and one of the confusing
things it seems to do in threads view is match things by their title (I
thought threads worked on something else which is why you can't start a
new thread by replying to an existing one and changing the title).

Anyway, that's led to me replying to a Stevio email from 2006, thinking
it was a response to mine.

Oh well.

Groove on people.