[SLUG] Ubuntu

Stephen O'Neill soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 31 15:54:52 BST 2007

John Allsopp wrote:
> Oooh, look. I moved to Thunderbird recently and one of the confusing
> things it seems to do in threads view is match things by their title (I
> thought threads worked on something else which is why you can't start a
> new thread by replying to an existing one and changing the title).

It does this when it has no thread information to go on. You are right
about threading being more sophisticated than that - typically the
"References" and "In-Reply-To" headers are used.

It is annoying when it does it on title though - e.g. people sending
things through with a blank subject get lumped together and the first of
those was received when I opened my mail account - handy!

Steve O