[SLUG] Meetings

Ross Kendall ross at rosskendall.com
Wed Sep 5 11:24:58 BST 2007

Hi,

Well done on planning things out, it's good to have some goals and a bit
of focus.

Just a quick comment about distros.  If we are hoping to introduce new
people to Linux it's best to make things simple, not bombard them with
options and technical details.  Even as an experienced Linux user, I
have got tired of trying out lots of distributions.

I think sticking to the main free distros is a good idea:

    * OpenSuse
    * Ubuntu
    * Fedora

Also, I think it would be good to do a survey of SLG  members to find
out what they use Linux for, and what they are interested in doing and
learning that relates to Linux.  While I do use Linux on the desktop,
I'm actually more interested in server applications and Linux in
business, than I am in endless 'desktop' banter.

Thanks,
Ross.