[SLUG] Crap java question

Ross Kendall ross at rosskendall.com
Wed Sep 5 20:21:29 BST 2007

Hi John,

It looks like you have the GNU Java version, instead of the Sun one.
Perhaps the program you are using is picky, and doesn't like the GNU one.

I would suggest going here:
http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp#lin
and downloading the Sun RPM and installing it (may need to do it as 'root').

If it still doesn't work, you may need to remove the GNU Java off your
system.

If it STILL doesn't work, I'd blame the software, and contact their support.

Disclaimer:  This advice is offered without any expressed or implied
warranty (i.e. may be a load of bollox).

Anyway, good luck with it.

Ross.
http://rosskendall.com