[SLUG] One-keystroke abbreviations.

John Allsopp john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Mon Sep 10 07:18:51 BST 2007

Richard Lung wrote:
> Tho I never had the old Amstrad word processor, I heard from a lecturer that
> it had a one-letter one-word function or program. I dont know how common this
> feature is in modern word-processing programs, but Open Office does not
> appear to have it.

Sounds interesting. One of the things about Linux is: if you don't like
a program, try another. There are lots of word processors and even more
text editors. I understand Emacs is rather functional and given
Stallman's sometime issues with RSI I bet it does some funky stuff in
this regard.

> Half of English consists of a hundred words used over and over again.

Do you happen to know where to discover which hundred?