[SLUG] Re: publicity for meetings

bob bgarrood at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Sep 10 11:09:17 BST 2007

On Saturday 08 September 2007 12:15David wrote:

> A prime area for broadening the group would be schools, IT dept and
> students if only to raise awareness that there is another choice. Several
> IT students I've spoken to don't even know what Linux is, many haven't
> tried it. It seems all most are familiar with is Microsoft, Microsoft,
> Microsoft...

I couldn't agree more.   If we can get the meetings and the poster organised,
we can send information to the heads of IT in all the secondary schools in the
area.  But we cannot afford to be naive about child protection issues.  At
our meeting we decided that we could not accept anyone under the age of 16
unless they were with an adult.  And we cannot influence what schools, under
the control of government bodies which are rigidly blinkered towards
M********, will choose to do with the information we provide. (They will
probably bin it.)

Bob