[SLUG] One-keystroke abbreviations.

John Allsopp john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Wed Sep 12 10:41:55 BST 2007

Richard Lung wrote (summarised):
> I should say that there is no definitive most used 100 words.
> The past tense of *be*: was/were ( *was* occurs with nearly one per cent
> frequency) shouldnt be omitted from the 100 words, as it is in this sample.
>  - Words cut for speed in the *Computer age* by Professor Abe Citron -
> ( the back number of the spelling publications, this appeared in, have been
> put online.)

Well I've casually had my eyes peeled for a frequency list for a few
decades now and haven't come across one, that Buzan was the closest I
came across.

You seem to know what you're talking about in this regard, so if you do
have a frequency list resource, spill.

Otherwise, I think you're saying search for 'Words cut for speed in the
*Computer age* by Professor Abe Citron', which I will.

Cheers