[SLUG] Asus eee pc -alternative OS

Bob_Garrood rjg at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Jan 31 14:28:05 GMT 2008

On Thursday 31 January 2008 07:59:49 guy baumann wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
> te main unofficial site for info is
>
> http://www.eeeuser.com/
>
> instructions for installing full KDE desktop arehere
> http://wiki.eeeuser.com/howto:getkde
>
> other os
> http://wiki.eeeuser.com/#installing_operating_systems
>
> and be sure to check out the forum, just about every question has already
> been asked and answered!!
> http://forum.eeeuser.com/
>
> I haveam running the basic OS but have installed  LAMP(apache/mysql/php) I
> have a 4g SD card installed and have just added a WD 250g passport
> harddrive in white(to match)
>
> hope this helps

Thanks Guy

Yes it does.  xandros seem to have put this distro together without any kind
of guiding principle.  There are editors, but to get to Kate, for example, I
have to go into Work, then File Manager, then click on Documents then right
click on that, then click on 'Open with console', and finally
type /usr/bin/kate - which is stupid. Console turns out to be Konsole.  Why
do they change all the names?   And I can't find a directory to put a link
in.

Bob