[SLUG] Audacity

Pete Redwood predwood at phonecoop.coop
Mon May 5 21:21:00 BST 2008

Is anybody on this list using Ubuntu and if so have they updated to
8.04?
I have been using Audacity for sound recording since way back when, but
with the new update it refuses to work. It comes back with the message
'Error opening sound source'. Using the terminal to start it shows that
it is trying to connect to Alsa via the src/hostapi folder, which does
not exist on my computer and as far as I can tel is only valid if you
compile from source. The version now in use, 1.3.4, is the only one that
will run because all the dependencies have changed. I don't really want
play about compiling a version myself. Any suggestions.

--
Pete Redwood <predwood at phonecoop.coop>