[SLUG] printingi A5 with Evince

Pete Redwood predwood at phonecoop.coop
Fri May 23 22:15:19 BST 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-23 at 21:12 +0100, Des wrote:
> Despite the help from Pete, I still cannot print A5 using Evince.
> It goes like this:-
>
> task	To print pdf document in A5
> right click on document
> select Open with document viewer.  Document appears
> select File/printer setup
> Select  Paper size A5, Landscape then Apply
> select File, Print
> result  -  printer prints on bottom half of paper.
>
> Now when I go to Properties, the bottom line shows paper size as
> US Letter - Landscape
Properties settings are from the pdf. They cannot be changed and
shouldn't make any difference.
On the Printer Setup popup the first box says Format For: - what does it
say? If it reads 'For Any Printer', click on the arrows at the side and
you should get the choice of your own printer. Set it for your printer.
Then try a print.

Pete