[sclug] This is for Tim or anyone really re:Firewall IPCop

Alex Butcher sclug sclug at cocoa.demon.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:28 UTC 2003

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Mark Spooner ITCS wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> If you like I can do a 65000 port scan of your firewall and send results
> (Otherwise known as penetration test)

Apologies for being a pedant, but if anyone's *buying* a penetration test and
all they're getting for their money is a simple port scan, they're being
misled and/or ripped off.

Naturally, this is not meant to deingrate Mark's helpful offer in any way. ;-)

FYI, I haven't checked whether it's still around, but the Self Port Scan
page at <http://crypto.yashy.com/nmap.php3> used to be pretty useful for
this sort of thing.

> Regards, Mark.

Best Regards,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher         Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Berkshire, UK                       Need reliable and secure network systems?