[sclug] This is for Tim or anyone really re:Firewall IPCop

Alex Butcher sclug sclug at cocoa.demon.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:28 UTC 2003

On 27 Sep 2002, Philip Hands wrote:

> On Thu, 2002-09-26 at 17:25, Alex Butcher (sclug) wrote:
>
> > FYI, I haven't checked whether it's still around, but the Self Port Scan
> > page at <http://crypto.yashy.com/nmap.php3> used to be pretty useful for
> > this sort of thing.
>
> Just had a look on the web site, they've obviously upgraded the code to
> PHP4, because the URL is now:
>
>   http://crypto.yashy.com/nmap.php
>
> although I'm not overly impressed with the fact that they seem not to
> have spotted that I am listening for SSH, SMTP and DNS, and responding
> to pings, whereas they listed nothing.  I wonder what options they are
> giving to nmap.

According to the log entries from my iptables implementation, -PT80 (TCP
ping to port 80). :(

If you don't have something on port 80, it doesn't go any further. I wonder
whether this is a bug or a feature?

> Cheers, Phil.

Alex.
--
Alex Butcher         Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Berkshire, UK                       Need reliable and secure network systems?