[sclug] Hi!

James Pattinson jamesp at hisser.org
Sat Oct 25 09:05:28 UTC 2003

Hi

Just joined the list and thought I'd say hello. I hail from bristol, where I
was a founding member of the LUG but haven't really done much since, and I now
work in Reading, so thought I'd see if a LUG exists here.

I've been using linux for about 6 years, and I'm 24 so I guess that tells you a
little about what kind of person I am :)

I'm a sysadmin  /  support kind of person, not really much into programming,
although I can hack things up in php / informix / sql / wap and stuff. My home
machine runs RH 7.3, with striped hard disks and LVM and nice things like that.
It's mainly used as something to muck about on, but does provide services to my
WAP phone.

Anyway, hope to see some of you at the next meeting if I remember when it is.

James

PS. Anyone managed to grab RH8 iso's yet? :)