[sclug] SCO Unix

Tony Sumner whittycat at ntlworld.com
Sat Oct 25 09:05:30 UTC 2003

Does anyone know about SCO Unix? I have been asked to help someone
who runs a veterinary practice in Ledbury and they have a server
that runs SCO Unix (they disregarded my advice to go for Linux) and
they asked me to write a script that could rename a whole batch of
files. So I wrote one that begins
  #!/bin/sh
  for file  in $@; do

and when they run this on their system it reports a syntax error
at 'do'. Does that mean they do not have the Bourne shell? Or does
SCO not recognize #!/bin/sh? Where do I go from here? I don't have
a SCO manual of course; I'd have to go to Ledbury for that.

Tony Sumner