[sclug] SCO Unix

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:30 UTC 2003

Tony,

>Does anyone know about SCO Unix? I have been asked to help someone
>who runs a veterinary practice in Ledbury and they have a server
>that runs SCO Unix (they disregarded my advice to go for Linux)

I guess the first question is which version of SCO?

Sounds like it might be a recent one.

My SCO knowledge is 10 years out of date, but...

SCO is differentiated for different end-users.  A server might
not have the tools that you as a developer expect (I known the
'standard' end user distribution never used to include make, a
C compiler, etc).

You might like to check exactly what it is that they are licensed to
run.

derek

--
Derek M Jones                                           tel: +44 (0) 1252 520 667
Knowledge Software Ltd                            mailto:derek at knosof.co.uk