[sclug] Problem with USB wireless adaptor

Pieter Claassen pieter at openauth.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:33 UTC 2003

I made some progress on the issue, but some of the original questions still
remain. It seems that once I properly purged hotplugging (there was more
than a config left after using deselect to uninstall it), the machine shuts
down and reboot properly.

However, if I plug the card out without stopping the wlan iface, then I
still get a spectacular crash.

So, hotpluggin seems to be guilty. I would still greatly appreciate some
comments on my original questions:
1. How do I check what was the configuration of a precompiled kernel?
2. How do I debug a kernel crash. Is there a core dump file that is left
somewhere for a look thru with a debugger?

Pieter