[sclug] Power Saving Mode on Laptop - Problem

Mark Spooner - ITCS mark at itcs.biz
Sat Oct 25 09:05:34 UTC 2003

Dear All,

I have an interesting problem that I'm hoping someone may point me in the right direction
to resolve.

I am using a Compaq Aramada M700 Laptop, USB mouse and Mandrake 9.0. The problem
is that when I use just the battery in the laptop and using Mandrake with the USB mouse
plugged in the screen keeps going into power save mode (blanks out) after about 10-15
seconds. The only way I can bring it out of the saver mode is to keep touching the keyboard
every few seconds (a bit annoying when browsing the web). The mouse does not bring it out
of saver mode. I have tried locking into all the battery saving modes and screen saver stuff
but I can't find out any way of stopping it.

When the power unit is plugged in the problem goes away, but I can't find any configuration
options to stop it happen either on power supply or battery.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best regards, Mark.

ITCS IT Consultancy Services
Security, Networking and Infrastructure Consultancy Services

TEL: 07796 134602
EML: <mailto:mark at itcs.biz>
WEB: <http://www.itcs.biz/>

This e-mail is confidential and intended for the addressee only.
If it is not addressed to you please do not open it but return to
the above e-mail address or ring Mark Spooner on 07796 134602.
I do not accept responsibility for any virus, which may be
transmitted with this e-mail. You must make your own checks
before opening this e-mail

---