[sclug] debian/samba+PAM

Chris Aitken chris at ion-dreams.com
Sat Oct 25 09:05:35 UTC 2003

Morning All,

I have now set up my dev box to run Debian (currently a mix of
testing/unstable).

I have tried to set up samba, and would like to use PAM & winbind to allow
users to change their NT passwords & samba/unix passwords in one go.

I did the whole apt-get install of samba, libpam-samba and winbind, and have
samba up and running - but no password sync.

My smb.conf file seems to be ok.

Is there a certain order that I should follow when apt-getting the modules
for samba (to operate in this manner)?

If anyone else has had experience here it would be good to hear your problem
solving!! (I was previously using SME server - and want to do it al
myself!!)

Cheers

Chris