[sclug] Folder Security

Scott Rixon scott at green-flag.com
Sat Oct 25 09:05:35 UTC 2003

I think I am getting there..

I have a create mode = 0664 and directory mode = 0775 but only for the
home directories.. I can't find any default? Should I set it for my
other shares?

What is the difference between create and directory mode?

This is also not only a samba problem... When I create a file with my
Linux machine I then can't access it as another user.. If I then go and
chmod -R 777 the directory structure all is fine... How do I change the
defaults for that?

Cheers,

Scott