[sclug] Suppressing dots in latex / bibtex

Tim Sutton suttont at onetel.net.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:37 UTC 2003

Hi all

I am trying to get my citation list to print names in the form:

Bloggs, JP, Brown, AB & Someone, EA. 1998. etc...

as opposed to :

Bloggs, J.P., Brown, A.B. & Someone, E.A. 1998. etc...

Which is how they are produced using the elsart-harv style I am using. Before
I spend (waste?) time trying to adapt the .sty, does anyone know of a
bibliography style that produces harvard style citations without the
intermediate dots between initials? Otherwise some pointers on how to adapt
the sty to my needs would also be gratefully accepted.

Many thanks

Regards

Tim

\bibliographystyle{elsart-harv} %the natbib style will give refs as [Person
and Person, date]
\bibliography{bibliography/bibliography}
\addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{BIBLIOGRAPHY}

--
Get my public keys from:

http://tim.suttonfamily.co.uk/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=2