[sclug] Poll: What languages are people using

Tim Sutton suttont at onetel.net.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:37 UTC 2003

I started by learning z80 on my ZX Spectrum (cant remember a jot of it
though). I know a passable amount of Avenue (for ArcView GIS - pretty much
defunct now), vb (yuk), php + html + css + dom/js, java and am busy teaching
myself c++ and qt. I dont consider myself a programming expert, but I really
want to get to know C++ & QT because I want to start contributing something
back to my favourite desktop environment. I also fart around with
bash/awk/sed when the need arises.

I will no doubt be firing the odd C++/STL question to the list as I go through
the learning curve of where all those & and * belong :-) so thanks in
advance.

Tim

On Thursday 08 May 2003 5:05 pm, Paul Vanlint wrote:
> I thought it would be interesting to see what languages people are using
> in the group.
>
> I mostly use PHP, C++, Perl, BASH scripting, SQL and all the browser
> client-side code, i.e. HTML/CSS/DOM/Javascript.
> To a lesser extent, I use Java and C
> And in the distant passed I have used most things from Z80 assembly to
> Visual Basic, from OCCAM to FORTRAN, from lisp to REXX, from Amiga
> COPPER programming to bf (although that was purely for fun).
>
> Paul.

Get my public keys from:

http://tim.suttonfamily.co.uk/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=2