[sclug] RUG 6 May 03 notes

Mike Mallett mike.mallett at ntlworld.com
Sat Oct 25 09:05:39 UTC 2003

So did I !

I have read a lot about Linux but never really attempted an installation.
The hardest part of the job was cleaning up the case !

> I was
> going to throw in the offer of doing a follow up on 'The Linux Desktop
> Experience' which will probably turn out to be the Linux KDE Experience
> because of my strong bias towards KDE :-) The idea being to give those in
RUG
> unfamiliar with what you can do on linux a better flavour of how it can
> productively used for day to day work.

That would be an excellent idea as I would take me a while before I could
claim to know anything sensible about it.

Also many thanks for the offer of further CDs. I was lucky to have a
reasonable spec machine to use but I suspect other members may be using an
older PC with more modest specs.

RUG still has an old 486 with Linux on ...