[sclug] Downgrading Debian?

Tim Sutton suttont at onetel.net.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:41 UTC 2003

I suppose if things were consistant in debian universe, there would be an:

apt-get downgrade

command. Wont hold my breath on that one though :-( Have you done an apt-get
upgrade / dist upgrade on the server already? If not perhaps if not you can
just remove the individual packages from testing and replace them with stable
ones? Then removing 'testing'  from your sources list and doing an update
will prevent any new unstable packages coming in.

Tim

On Monday 26 May 2003 8:33 pm, Will Dickson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a debian installation that I upgraded from stable to testing in
> the usual way. However, I've since decided that this was the wrong thing
> under the circumstances - not that there's anything wrong with Testing
> per se, but the machine in question is a production server and ought to
> be running Stable, as a matter of policy more than anything else.
>
> Is there an easy way to reverse this upgrade?
>
> TIA
>
> Will.

Get my public keys from:

http://tim.suttonfamily.co.uk/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=2