[sclug] Mailfile message boundaries

Patrick Kirk patrick at kirks.net
Sat Oct 25 09:05:45 UTC 2003

Hi all,

Spamassassin is doing a great job for me but one of my bugbears is that
reporting the ones that slip through to Spamcop is too much hassle.  so
I've written up a little script that takes all the files in the Spam
mailfile and emails them to a reporting address at Spamcop.

Problem is that IMAP mailfiles are a single huge test document.  So you
need a way to split the file into messages.

I've tried '--\n\n' but it errors too often.  '\nFrom ' works about 95%
of the time so I'm using it.

But how does one identify the boundary of a message - is there some
obvious token I've missed?
--

Best regards,

Patrick Kirk