[sclug] Postgres Installation problem - Woody

Lars Haggqvist larshaggqvist at onetel.net.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:46 UTC 2003

Asked a friend who's more into this than me and he
suggested....

Nothing is obvious, but I'm not an expert. I would guess
it's almost certainly to do with the previous installation.
I'd recommend checking all the aliases and paths in the
Postgres user account to see if anything there is messing it
up.

He should also remove the partially installed package with:

apt-get remove --purge postgresql

I'd then try again with apt, and if not use dpkg to see if a
more meaningful message occurs.

HTH

Lars