[sclug] Members Home pages.

Leon Ward leon.ward at added-dimension.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:46 UTC 2003

Wrapping a few together...

> Personally, I don't really look at the site as everything
> happens on the
> list or at meetings (which are announced on the list).

	This is pretty much the point I am raising. With so many people
on the list and at the meetings, the web page is out of date and
does not necessarily show that the group is active.

> Maybe once we get an idea of what people expect from the site
> then we'll
> have a better idea of what to use.

	This is the reason for the original post, to start some dialog
regarding what people want. Many people here have got solid web
development (and some design) experience, it does look a case like
the cobblers children have no shoes.

> I don't know what the restrictions on the site's current hosting
> location are either.  Has anyone thought/asked about that?

	Tom is currently hosting it on an ADSL line and also manages
the DNS, I am sure that many of us here have some spare space and
bandwidth to donate.

BTW I have one hell of a hangover this morning, I knew that
drinking Stella in the heat was not too intelligent!

-Nard