[sclug] Members Home pages.

Tom Dawes-Gamble tmdg at tmdg.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:47 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 13:06, Simon Huggins wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 01:59:50PM +0100, DAWES-GAMBLE,TOM (HP-UnitedKingdom,ex1) wrote:
> > Any one that wants to be on the page can but you'll have to ask So I
> > suppose something like the phpnuke Leon suggested might be worth using
> > after all I don't want to be come a full time sclug web site
> > maintainer.
>
> Well the way the Nottingham LUG do it is through my wiki:
> http://the.earth.li/~huggie/cgi-bin/moin/NottLUGMembers
>
> You'd be most welcome to use say:
> http://the.earth.li/~huggie/cgi-bin/moin/SCLUGMembers
>
> Though obviously this then splits the site which isn't very good.

Well depending on how much control you have of your server you could
have say http://wiki.sclug.org.uk/cgi-bin/members.  I'm not sure that
having 2 severs is that bad after all the bbc have www.bbc.co.uk and
news.bbc.co.uk

Or may be Leon could do  do something on his server since he has phpnuke
already on it.  Then we could have something like
http://nuke.sclug.org.uk/ I guess.

In fact I'll put both those hosts in DNS so you can experiment if you
want.

The current server is a bit strapped for disk space.  Mostly cos of my
stuff.  We actualy house a number of web sites on the system. The SCLUG
content is small.  Bandwidth is not an issue. But adding more software
is.  I really only want Red Hat supported RPMs on the box coz that makes
things easy for me and the guy that owns the box itself.

Needless to say I have a responsibility to keep the server as secure as
I can to prevent any issues for the ISP who houses the system in his
office.

Regards,
Tom.

--
There are 10 sorts of people.
Those that understand binary and those that don't!