[sclug] MAC and Linux Interoperability

Mark Fergusson mjfmax at btinternet.com
Sat Oct 25 09:05:47 UTC 2003

Hi luggers

Need some help here

I have a customer where I have implemented SME Server (RH7.3 under the
covers). They have MAC clients that use the SME server as a fileserver.

Now here's the problem, well two of them but I think they are related.

1. The MAC client opens a file and it takes far too long. Doing the same
operation to a Windows server is much faster. It looks like there is
just some sort of comms glitch.

2. When a "shortcut" is configured on the MAC client to a file or a
folder on the SME server, it works for a while. Mainly after a client
reboot, the shortcut seems to point elsewhere.

Anyone out there seen something like this before?

Cheers
Mark

---