[sclug] usb woes

Tony Sumner whittycat at ntlworld.com
Sat Oct 25 09:05:49 UTC 2003

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 11:38:01AM +0100, lug at assursys.co.uk wrote:

> Red Hat issue updates from time to time to fix bugs and security problems.
> See:
>
> ftp://mirror.ac.uk/sites/ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/updates/8.0/en/os/

Oh, right. I'll bear that in mind -- but the (apparent) usb problem
has gone away; I put wlan ahead of S10network in rc5.d and I no longer
get error messages about hfa384.

> I'm pretty sure also, that RH includes support for wifi cards

Yes, there is iwconfig. The reason I didn't look at that route was
that Pieter Claassen recommended the Actiontec adapter with the
linux-wlan-ng driver and said he could help me get it working. I have
not heard from him lately; is he still around? I am sure I am close
now (I get a steady green light on the LED and ifconfig wlan0 looks
ok) but if I get really stuck I can always try iwconfig instead.

Tony