[sclug] Debian Install

Leon Ward leon.ward at added-dimension.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:49 UTC 2003

	I have been running debian on a few box's for a while now and am
happy with her, so-far every install I have completed has been a walk in the
park, until this one...

I have decided to move my desktop from RH to Debian, however I have run into
a little problem with the SCSI drivers.

The RH installs I have had on here have never had a problem, however woody
does not detect my scsi card

[root at splurgle nard]# cat /proc/scsi/aic7xxx/0
Adaptec AIC7xxx driver version: 6.2.8
aic7892: Ultra160 Wide Channel A, SCSI Id=7, 32/253 SCBs

[root at splurgle nard]# cat /proc/pci
--snip--
Bus  3, device   9, function  0:
    SCSI storage controller: Adaptec AIC-7892P U160/m (rev 2).
      IRQ 10.
      Master Capable.  Latency=44.  Min Gnt=40.Max Lat=25.
      I/O at 0xb800 [0xb8ff].
      Non-prefetchable 64 bit memory at 0xfc8ff000 [0xfc8fffff].

The install suggests that I place the required modules on a floppy and load
them, however the install guide
(http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/install) does not give any
information on this (or am i blind?)

I know there are some hardcore debian users' on this list, can someone point
me in a good direction to start reading?

-Nard

This E-mail and its attachments have been scanned for viruses before delivery.
We recommend that all attachments are also checked by recipients before being viewed.
For more information contact postmaster at added-dimension.co.uk.