[sclug] Debian Install

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Sat Oct 25 09:05:49 UTC 2003

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 01:42:08PM +0100, Leon Ward wrote:
> The RH installs I have had on here have never had a problem, however woody
> does not detect my scsi card

Which kernel/boot floppies did you use?

> Adaptec AIC7xxx driver version: 6.2.8
> aic7892: Ultra160 Wide Channel A, SCSI Id=7, 32/253 SCBs

I'd guess (as a stab in the dark because I'm too lazy to go check if
they have that version of the aic7xxx driver in them) that whatever
version you used had an older version of the aic7xxx driver which didn't
recognise your card.

--
 _        huggie at earth.li      -+*+-     fou, con et anglais      _
(_)  "Oops, yes, we now return you to your regularly scheduled   (_)