[sclug] Debian Install

Leon Ward leon.ward at added-dimension.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:50 UTC 2003

Ok People!
Thanks for the advice I received, although it was all valid and helpful,
the only reason I ran into problems was my own stupidity (again).
I have never thrown debian onto a scsi box before, and therefore hadn't
given
much attention to the kernel the install boots with... IDE only ... doh!

So I now have a functioning debian desktop with all my normal apps running
on it
(excluding xmms and xine)
I am starting to miss my sound!
I have taken a look at the debian install docs and can see nothing.
I have taken a butchers on google, and have come up with some interesting
yet out-dated information.

Can someone point me to a good place to read some current and accurate
information?
In my old RH system sndconfig sorted it all out for me, i can only assume
that nothing like that exists on debian :(

-Nard