[sclug] Sound config

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Sat Oct 25 09:05:50 UTC 2003

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 09:07:56AM +0100, Leon Ward wrote:
> Can someone point me to a good place to read some current and accurate
> information?
> In my old RH system sndconfig sorted it all out for me, i can only assume
> that nothing like that exists on debian :(

Well if it's a PCI card or an on board chip try modprobe <driver>

For instance the bf2.4 config is at:
ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/3.0.23-2002-05-21/bf2.4/kernel-config
Likewise other kernel config files exist at the relevant location.

So you can see if your driver is compiled or not.

If it's isa then welcome to the wonderful world of having to know
IRQ/DMA/port etc.  Or possibly using isapnp.

Debian does ship sndconfig IIRC but it's a bit of a hit and miss affair
and it never worked for me on my (admittedly slightly esoteric) Ensoniq
Soundscape PnP.

--
 _        huggie at earth.li      -+*+-     fou, con et anglais      _
(_)  "Cardinal Fang!  Fetch... the comfy chair!" - Monty Python  (_)